1. Children are brilliant and creative, funny and excellent, ace and amazing. OK… I knew this already but it’s an ongoing thing so I thought I’d mention it.
2. Authors & illustrators are the kindest, most generous, and friendliest people you could hope to meet.
3. A homemade costume is worth the effort. And when someone dresses as one of your characters it is the best feeling ever!
4. Unless you have earplugs don’t ask a thousand children to scream at the same time.
5.‘Knickers’ is one of the funniest words to be included in a book – with thanks to Steven Butler for pointing this out.
6. Voldemort can walk on stilts.
7. Celebrating books brings people together.
8. Don’t try to plan a launch party during World Book Day events unless you want to get your balloons in a twizzle.
9. Book the next eleven and a half months off for the amount of reading you’ll want to do.
10. Look forward to doing it all over again!