The news has been making me very sad this year, and I could do with a laugh.
So today I bring you a few of my favourite FUNNY CHILDREN’S BOOKS 🙂 – ones which always cheer me up.
1. Pugly Bakes a Cake by Pamela Butchart.
Or basically any of her books cos she’s just brilliant.
This one is aimed at younger children, but I’m 47 and it made me giggle non-stop into my tea.
2. The Boy who Sailed the Ocean in an Armchair
by Lara Williamson.
This is not laugh-out-loud funny– it’s sad, poignant and touching too.
But the book – and the 11 year old main character – has a lovely, big-hearted, warm wit.
3. Danger is Everywhere – a Handbook for Avoiding Danger by David O’Doherty and Chris Judge.
A spoof health and safety manual written by a ‘dangerologist’, full of loopy randomness and nutty cartoons.
4. My Big Shouting Day by Rebecca Pattison
A sweet, funny picture book about little Bella who’s not in the best of moods.
This made me smile so much that I bought it for myself as a present.
5. Winnie the Pooh by A. A Milne
Always and forever. Still my go-to antidote for a dismal mood…
Hope you all have a happy day!