So here we are again, at the start of September. It’s a new month, a new season and a new school year. September doesn’t do it for me. I’m not an autumn person and I used to dread going back to school. Each to their own, I guess.
Here are some of my favourites:
1. Notebook – that fresh new page thing.
2. Spring – the spring air, lighter evenings and flowers.
3. Bag of coffee – the smell. It gets me every time.
4. Freshly baked cake – need I say more!
5. Bar of chocolate – the shiny foil and the pristine bar, like untrodden snow.
6. A holiday – the possibility, the fun, the spontaneity.
7. Soap – yes really. A new bar of soap is just so…soapy.
8. A journey – the start of an adventure.
9. Sunrise – the most beautiful part of the day.
10. Book – a book is a journey, an adventure, a holiday, making new friends. It’s jammed with hope, possibility, humour, heartache, information, things that make you think. Books are so big inside that it’s amazing how small they are on the outside.
How about you? What are your favourite new beginnings?