I have just arrived back from Wales to discover it was my post today and not the 5th as I had wrongly copied in my diary. Guess what my New Year’s resolution will be. Apologies!
Here are seven free gifts that you can give in 2015. I found them in St Thomas’ Church magazine at my Mum’s house in Oldham.
- The gift of listening – no interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response – just listening
- The gift of affection – be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back, and handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.
- The gift of laughter – share articles and funny stories. Enjoy time laughing with your friends. Share a smile or a kind word with someone.
- The gift of a written note – it can be a simple ‘thanks for your help’ note or a full sonnet. A brief handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime and may even change a life.
- The gift of a compliment – a simple and sincere, ’you look great in red’ or ‘you did a wonderful job’ can make someone’s day.
- The gift of a favour – every day, go out of your way to do something kind.
- The gift of solitude – there are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.