As 2014 draws to a close, what will you look back on? Every time has its good and bad moments. For me the biggest ‘bad’ of 2014 was being quite down about my writing and wondering if there was still a place for me in children’s publishing. See, even published authors get rejected, and I was being rejected a lot!
BUT there were lots of good moments too, and they included, in no particular order:
- developing friendships with three people I hadn’t known very well before and finding them all quite lovely
- being immensely proud of my eldest daughter for preferring to read instead of watch the TV (not all the time, you understand! But once or twice, hurrah!)
- being proud of my youngest daughter for being kind to other children when they were sad
- a great family holiday in the Isle of Wight, flying kites on the beach and eating a lot of ice cream
- signing contracts for two brand-new books in the last few months – at last! There was still a point to all that rejection, yay!
- a lovely Christmas and a reminder that I should be very grateful for all that I have
As 2015 begins, I will be hoping that the new year brings lots more good things to outnumber the bad (since you can’t really have one without the other, cos that wouldn’t be Real Life). I don’t make new year’s resolutions as such, but I WOULD like to make more time to READ in 2015, since I have a pile of delicious books that I really want to read but haven’t had time for recently. So that’s what I want more of in 2015 – reading!
What will you look back on in 2014? And what do you hope 2015 will bring?