Stressed? End of term driving you crazy? Need a sweet treat or an emergency teacher present? Ta-dah! Fudge that can be made in the microwave! And, dear readers, just for you I have tested this recipe myself *wipes chocolate from corner of mouth* so you’ll know it’s a good one 😉
The original recipe can be found HERE but I’m copying it below because I’ve added in my own thoughts.
- 1 lb icing sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Sift powdered sugar, cocoa, and salt into a large microwave safe bowl.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Place butter on top, cut into chunks.
- Microwave on high, 2 minutes.
- Beat with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in nuts (OPTIONAL).
- Spread in 8 X 8 X 2 inch baking pan.
- Chill about 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut into 36 pieces.
Again, this is an American recipe, and I don’t have an official ‘cup’ measurer, so I just use a tea cup. Here’s my fudge-making in pictures!
It is YUMMY and I shall definitely be making it again!