Hands up who’s feeling hot, hot, hot! Hasn’t this weather we’ve had lately been AMAZING? I’m absolutely loving it. Everything feels better to me when the sun shines, and it’s so rare to get this kind of weather in our country that it’s fantastic to see so many people making the most of it!
Here are some of the things I love best about the summer.
1. Finding a reclining chair and chilling out with a good book or magazine. One of my favourite summer reads is The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. The film’s pretty good too…but save that one for when the weather cools off!
2. Eating more lollies and ice creams than I do the rest of the year put together.
3. Muncing on summer fruits. Nectarines, cherries, plums, peaches, melon, strawberries, raspberries…yum, yum, I could chomp away all day.
4. ‘Borrowing’ my son’s paddling pool to cool off in.
5. Listening to some cracking summer tunes. Like Don Henley’s Boys of Summer, The Kinks, Sunny Afternoon and The Eagles, Hotel California (check em out on YouTube. They’re oldies, but classics).
6. Lazy evenings, eating supper outside, and hanging out in the garden until late – and it’s still really warm.
I do not, however, love the hayfever that goes with the summer. I could really do without that.
What about you? What are your favourite summery things?