Recently, it was The Bath Festival of Children’s Literature. Did you go? If not, you missed a treat. It was awesome!
One of my highlights was going to see Andy Robb and Holly Smale in conversation with Jo Nadin. The theme for the evening? Well, as the authors of Geekhood: Close Encounters of the Girl Kind and Geek Girl respectively, they had to be talking about GEEKS. The chat was fab, and Jo rounded it off with a quiz – to find out just who was the biggest book geek in the audience.
The quiz was lots of fun – so I’ve decided to create another one for you here, inspired by the genius work of Ms Nadin and incorporating some of her original questions.
The answers are at the bottom. No cheating (step away from Google…)
- In Roald Dahl’s Matilda, what is Matilda’s surname?
- In Enid Blyton’s Famous Five, what is the name of the dog?
- In The Gruffalo, which creature does the mouse meet first in the deep dark wood?
- What’s the name of Ron Weasley’s rat?
- In Twilight, Bella moves to Forks, Washington. But where does she move from?
- What is the name of the dragon in The Hobbit?
- What are the three books in the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman?
- In Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, what causes her to shrink?
- Name the boy/girl protagonists in Noughts and Crosses.
- Which American state was John Green looking for?
Scroll down for your answers…
- A fox
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Northern Lights/Golden Compass. The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass
- A bottle of drink
- Callum and Sephy
1 – 4 correct answers: Get thee to a bookshop or a library immediately!
5 – 7 correct answers: Good work, but you could be geekier.
8 – 10 correct answers: You are an ultimate book geek! Well done!
Let me know how you get on!