Squee! I’m so excited to be here! For those that don’t know, I’m a newbie round these parts, and the author of Me, Suzy P. It’s the story of 14 year old Suzy Puttock who embarrasses herself ALL THE TIME. She’s a walking disaster area. Luckily she’s got a great bunch of mates to help her out…and her boyfriend, Danny, too.
People often ask where I got the inspiration for Suzy from, and the answer is…er, me, and my embarrassing life! I do stupid stuff all the time, so it wasn’t that hard to create a character who constantly makes a complete donkey of herself. But embarrassing things are often funny things (admittedly, usually only in hindsight) so I thought I’d post five things that always make me giggle…
- Thinking about all the embarrassing things and stupid things I’ve done in my life. I’ve blogged about this quite a bit over the past few weeks, but daft things that have happened to me include breaking my nose in a tickling fight, walking into a lamppost, sitting on a deckchair and having the seat collapse under me so I fell right through, and ending up with my arm in a plaster cast after opening a window (yup, for real). These are just a few. There are so many more…
- This video of an old woman getting pulled over by a huge dog cracks me up every time. This dog was the inspiration for Murphy, the dog in my book, who’s owned by Suzy’s best friend Millie. Murphy’s totally uncontrollable, and always dragging Millie all over the place.
- My friends. There’s nothing better than meeting up with a gang of mates and spending time together, catching up with lots of gossip, sharing funny stories and eating LOTS of chocolate. And Haribo. There has to be Haribo.
- My fave TV shows and films, but mainly Friends, Scrubs, Miss Congeniality and The Wedding Singer. Totally hilarious.
- Bad jokes: What’s ET short for? ‘Cos he’s only got little legs. What’s purple and stands in a field? A cow in a tracksuit. Why are pirates, pirates? Because they ARRRRRRR!
Are you smiling yet? What about you…what tickles your funny bone?